2017 Savage Grace - Riesling Underwood Mountain Vineyard

2017 Savage Grace - Riesling Underwood Mountain Vineyard

5/23/2021, 11:46:50 PM
2017 Savage Grace - Riesling Underwood Mountain Vineyard (87 pts) @savagegracewines 路 鈩癸笍 This wine is 馃挴 Riesling from the Underwood Vineyard in the Columbia Gorge AVA of Washington. The vineyard is on a steep volcanic hillside (800-1200 ft) above the Columbia River Gorge. 90% whole cluster pressed into Stainless Steel. The other 10% was fermented in neutral oak barrels. Only 182 cases made路 馃憗 Medium lemon color路 馃憙 Medium intensity on the nose. Aromas of lime, grapefruit, asian pear, green apple, tangerine, and musty路 馃憚 The wine is off-dry, high acidity, medium- alcohol, and medium- body. Really nice powdery texture to the wine. A medium length finish of lime and green apple路 馃敂 This Riesling skirts the line of off-dry and dry. It comes in at 12 g/l of Residual Sugar, but on the palate this was less perceptive than this level. The musty note was interesting and not necessarily a bad thing. This is well made and straightforward for $21. My biggest issue with 鈥淣ew World鈥 Riesling is that you can often get something comparable and often more complex at a similar price.

Related articles