Time to grab a coffee or wine (no judgement here) and get

Time to grab a coffee or wine (no judgement here) and get

4/24/2021, 1:46:15 AM
Time to grab a coffee or wine (no judgement here) and get ready for the next instalment of: Homeschooling with Wine Review Simple How can a drink made almost entirely from the humble grape have such an astonishing array of flavours? The answer is simple—chemistry. No matter what it costs, almost 98 per cent of most wines is made up of water and ethanol. The remaining 2 per cent is a combination of acids, sugars, volatile flavour and aroma compounds, pigment compounds and tannins. Amazingly, it’s this 2 per cent that makes all the difference, giving a wine its unique flavour, colour, aroma and individuality. It’s here, in this 2 per cent, that chemistry really comes into play. There are many, many things that can affect this 2 per cent—the variety of grape, the soil and climate in which it’s grown, the time it’s harvested, the way it is processed, the period of fermentation and the storage methods used—even the size of the glass you drink from when you finally raise the finished product to your lips. Credit: science.org.au Thank God for cut and paste...simple... #homeschool #homeschooling #kidsathome #parentsbelike #winelesson #chemistry #wineislife #knowledgeispower #teacherlife #molecular #winelife #winemakerslife #winemaker #wset #wset2 #traditionalwinemaking #cellar #wineaustralia #mumblogger #mumstyle #schoolathome #margaretriverwine #barossavalley #coonawarra #yarra #rutherglen #grampians #adelaidehills #clarevalleywines #mclarenvalewine

Related articles